Child First will meet these aims by:
- Facilitating the emotional growth and development of young people in our care by providing support and appropriate challenges through our experienced staff team.
- Providing comprehensive care plans and individual daily timetables incorporating education and leisure activities.
- Assisting in the development of personal and social skills through a range of stimulating and educational activities.
- Ensuring reasonable boundaries are in place, which are consistently reinforced, in order to provide a framework to enable young people to take responsibility for the control of their own behaviour.
- Ensuring that the young people in our care have access to all possible educational opportunities.
- Supporting and motivating staff to provide high standards of care through supervision and training.
- Respecting individuality and embracing difference by challenging discriminatory and oppressive behaviour, practices and attitudes.
- Ensuring a key worker is assigned to each young person who is responsible for coordinating administration, writing LAC reports and completing individual support plans.
Child First strives to ensure that special emphasis is placed on the outcomes of Every Child Matters:
- Being Safe
- Being Healthy
- Enjoying and Achieving
- Making a Positive Contribution
- Enjoying Economic Wellbeing